Sunday, June 1, 2014

Preparing Our Talks

Dear Friends,

In less than three weeks we will board our plane for Beijing, China!  How could it be June already?  The weeks of preparation for this trip have gone so quickly.  We are finishing the last gifts, preparing the last teaching materials, and taking a long look at packing "lightly" for the very warm weather in China this time of year.  As the team treasurer, I have been keeping close track of our budget and the contributions that have been given to our team.  We are so grateful to God and to all of our faithful supporters for making this trip possible.  We have received prayer support, encouragement, and financial help from many loving and generous hearts. We are filled with gratitude for all that God has provided through you--thank you, thank you!

This has been a "sweet" Sunday afternoon for me as I have been going over my talk for this trip.  I have changed and rewritten my outline, my aim for the talk, and basically much of the talk over the past few weeks.  Angela, Mary, and I have constantly been praying for God to show us what our audience needs to hear and to help us be sensitive to their needs.  The three of us will be teaching from the Gospel of John:  Angela..."I Am the Bread of Life; Mary..."I Am the Good Shepherd; Gayle..."I Am the Vine and You are The Branches".  Our Chinese sisters we will be connecting with in Beijing are going to be teaching from Genesis.  Would you please pray along with us that God would prepare the hearts of the people we will meet and serve in China?

"Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."  II Corinthians 5:20

Blessings to you,

Gayle for our team

No comments:

Post a Comment